if the world could stay still for a moment,then may be we would notice that the sky and stars move!!!!!

Labels

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

indestructable


every time I tried to fly, I fell down time and time again

only to give it one more try, even as the world made fun of my shame

never saw the stars up close, never soared through the clouds

but always believed I would make it some day..some day..without a doubt..

each time I failed and fell to the ground below, my spirit took a greater fall

but slowly as I began to rise, I had a smile, though the height I rose was small

and then one day when I saw the stars, felt the clouds with my naked hand

I realised that I missed the ones I'd left..I missed the feel of sand

I knew I couldn't get back there for only higher could I fly

the thought that I wouldn't walk again made me want to cry

so I stopped flapping my wings, it broke my heart as I did

falling through the clouds I had the sight of land ...I had so missed

I knew the fall would hurt me but I battled fear with a smile

I comforted my self by saying..that the pain would only last a while

and then when I hit the ground, it broke my wings but my spirit remained intact

I knew I would never fly again but I got the courage I always lacked


No comments:

Post a Comment